Enhance your right-click menu with AI tools.
smudge.ai is a Chrome extension that gives you ChatGPT-powered shortcuts wherever you go online.
Beyond Cut / Copy / Paste — smudge.ai adds AI-powered commands to your browser’s right-click menu. Use it to summarize a long article, refine your writing, or translate a message—all without leaving the page.
- Summarize. Briefly recap the main points of a long article or document.
- Correct. Fix any spelling, punctuation, and grammar mistakes.
- Bulletize. Convert walls of text into a concise bullet-point list.
- Refine. Polish and revise your writing to improve its readability.
- Translate. Translate text from just about any language.
Professionals, students, or anyone online — turn your browser into a powerful assistant that's available wherever you go.
For everyday browsing: Summarize anything, fix mistakes in your writing, or inject some fun into your reading by turning any document into a limerick.
For professionals: Effortlessly create and edit engaging content, kickstart the first draft of an email or document, or bridge language barriers with AI-powered translations.
For students: Correct the formatting of your papers, generate concise study notes from a lengthy chapter, or work step-by-step through a complex word problem.
Make it Yours.
Customize your toolset to suit your needs. Choose from 16 built-in commands, create your own, or browse the gallery to import commands submitted by our users.
Create your own commands.
Use custom commands to automate repetitive tasks, improve upon our built-in commands, or do something fun and creative.
Get started today.
- One-click install. Install smudge.ai from the Chrome Web Store.
- Start your subscription. We’ll email you a license key.
- Give it a spin! See how an AI toolset changes your online experience.
Frequently asked questions
- Is smudge.ai compatible with my browser?
- Yes, if your browser is Google Chrome.
- Can I use smudge.ai in professional or commercial projects?
- Can I reuse my license on multiple devices?
- Yes, as many as you’d like. Your custom commands and settings are synced across devices via your Chrome profile
- How does it work?
- When you highlight text and choose a command, we take that input text and the prompt associated with your command, send them to OpenAI for processing, then stream the results back to you.
- Is my data private?
- Yes, we don’t log or save your input or output text. It only passes through our servers to stream to and from OpenAI , which does not use your input or output data to train its models.
- Are there text length limits?
- We support up to ~12,500 words, or about 40 pages of content per command. The free demo is limited to ~1,000 words per command.
Feel free to send any other questions our way at firstname.lastname@example.org.